Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finally back home!!!!















Hey everybody, I know it's been awhile, but I am glad to be back at home. There is so much that I could discuss about the past, but I am just going to concentrate on this day forward. Above are a few pics from our Christmas play at our church last Friday night and from the snow on Saturday. Although I will say that we are so thankful for everyone's prayers, thoughts, cards, emails, phone calls and visits. We couldn't have done it without any of you. We have made so many new friends through this process and hope to make many more. We love all of y'all and there is no way that we could ever repay all of y'all for your generosity and love, but we would do anything for any of you that need us.

We are so glad to all be back at home together again. We are just trying to establish a routine. Dustin is back at work and Konnor is at school and doing good (although I will say that he was a little spoiled when we got back home). Kensley is doing very well, she started moving her left side last week and we are looking for great things to happen and we owe it all to GOD and the prayers that everyone has prayed for us. Her left eye is staying at least a 1/4 of the way open all the time now and she can see out of it, but she does see double. Once she can keep it open all the time, we will have to put a patch over the right eye so that the left one can strengthen up. We have therapy 3 times a week and we met with the homebound teacher this week so we are also trying to work that in to our busy schedule. She will meet with her 3 hours a week and then leave us with lots of homework to do. We go back to our follow in Birmingham next Thursday, I think they will be impressed at how far she has come since we left them. They have a great team there and we can't wait to see them all again. We really got close to them while we were there, we thought it was so hard leaving the team in Florida, but the team in Birmingham was as equally as good.

I have realized that my whole life style has had to change since the accident. Kensley requires alot of attention, so that means that my house work gets neglected, but that's not what is important at this time anyway. We all take for granted getting to go as we please and now I don't get to do that. We could probably go alot more than we do, but it is alot of work loading and unloading her and her wheelchair and stress on my back, so if we don't have to go out we stay home. Although I am going to have to find sometime to go get my shopping done, I have hardly gotten any of it done. Its hard to buy for my kids anyway since they need nothing.

We have thereapy tomorrow and Friday and then Kensley we be spending her first night away from home Friday with Mawmaw. I'm a little nervous about leaving her, but she will be in good hands. Me and Dustin have a Christmas party to attend with all of our age group from church, with no kids allowed. Its just a good time for us all to get together and enjoy each others company without having to chase our kids around. We have another family Christmas Saturday in Grant.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

No comments: