Monday, January 9, 2012

Recap from the weekend

Well Friday night was spent with family eating at Logan's. We had a couple of extra kids with us so we sent them all home with Suzie so we could go by the hospital and visit some friends of ours that just had a baby. His name is Taylor and he was precious. I got up Saturday morning and headed to the grocery store about 7:30 so I would have something to cook for breakfast. I cleaned house and the rest of the day was just spent being lazy.

We went to church, it was our regular weekend and Big Cove I think out numbered us. The service was really good and lasted pretty long. We headed to Wings after church with about 20 something of us. The food was great and so was the company, we had a good time catching up and laughing even though it was about midnight before we got home and I had to get up and cook my dinner for the next morning. That's ok though it wasn't too rough. Got up Sunday and cook b'fast and the things I had to fix for church and got everyone ready to go. January is my month to work in the kitchen and the past couple of years we have either had a death and I think last year it was the snow so we haven't had to work and usually January doesn't have a very big crowd, well this year was different we had a very large crowd. We heard some great preaching and almost had one to make it. It lasted quite awhile so by the time we got home we only had about an hour before we had to head back.

Church service was good again that night and many got blessings that needed it. So thankful for that.

It's back to work today on this dreary day that I wish I was snuggled up under the covers watching tv. Getting ready to watch the BIG game tonight with family. Hope Alabama pulls through. Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like you all had a pretty great weekend. Hope your week is full of blessings!