Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kensley's procedure

We were supposed to have Kensley's procedure done this Wednesday, but let me back track first. A couple of Sunday nights ago we went to church and I sat on the front which is very unusual and Kens was laying in my lap and meeting was going really good and I seen Dustin's Uncle Paul look over and I knew exactly what he was going to do. He got the oil and came over and anointed her and a few minutes later Bro. Rob anointed her. The whole service was pretty much towards her and I was so thankful. I got up to thank the Lord for looking at her and he poured me out a blessing. This was the best I had felt since we had gotten back home. I just felt like the Lord was going to take care of everything for Kensley, so the next day I talked to Dustin about it and told him that I just felt like we needed to cancel the procedure and he agreed so that I did. I was so hesitant about it from the beginning, but me and Dustin just didn't know what to do, but after that Sunday night there was no doubt in my mind anymore what needed to be done. The procedure could have possibly set her back and we might have even had to go back to the wheelchair, which I didn't want to have to do at all, she has made such tremendous progress and I didn't want to hinder what the Lord can do.

Back in March when we went to Birmingham, Kensley was walking with our help and they thought that was great, but still had concerns. Well I think if they saw her today they would see a big change since March. Then she wouldn't walk by herself, her memory was still really bad and her left foot would just turn sideways when she didn't have her brace on and that was concerning them. Well since then she is walking everywhere by herself (well that I let her, I get a little nervous when we are outside), her memory hasn't improved so much and now she is walking without her brace around the house and foot is no longer turning over to the side. She has come so far in such a short period of time and I'm so thankful. I'm not a very patient person, so I tend to want her healing to be instantly, but I know the Lord has a plan.

And while I'm on this subject I also want to thank the Lord for yesterday. It was our annual Memorial Day picnic at the park and I was just kind of wanting it to get rained out because I get so stressed when I have to take Kensley somewhere like that because she gets so frustrated that she's not able to play like the other kids. I prayed that it would be a good day and that she would have fun and she did. We had a couple of moments, but nothing like what it has been in the past. I'm so thankful the Lord blessed her with a good day. I will have more on Memorial Day later, but I just wanted to go ahead and share this little bit with you all.

Have a good Monday oh I mean Tuesday.....my week is already so messed up.....lol!

1 comment:

The Brewer FireFighters said...

ok so since it is slow at work I decided to catch up on the blog post readings because I love to be able to see how friends are doing that we don't get to be around like we really wish we could...so I am crying now that I am done with your post!!! tears of joy though! to hear about your blessing and the Lord moving towards Kens...your right the Lord does have a plan and in his time it will all be revealed! I love ya'll! Jasmyn asks about Kens all the time and then she will look at me and say She is going to ok mom she is doing better...I know Jasmyn doesn't fully understand what is going on but she knows Kens was hurt and that the Lord is helping her. It amazed me that one time I saw Kens and I didn't have Jas with me but when I walked up to her Kens asked me where Jasmyn was..I guess it amazed me because we don't see ya'll that often and I didn't think she would remember either one of us but she did..made my heart jump! We will continue to pray for ya'll!