Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to School.....

....well it was back to school Monday for the kids. I was ready for it to start because I like the routine of things, a somewhat schedule, one of which we have not had this summer. It's been a summer filled with going here and yonder non-stop, I mean I think we finally cooked our first meal at home this week in I don't know when, we have been having to eat on the run and we are sick of it, so it was nice to have a home cooked meal. Ok so back to the school thing. Konnor wasn't so excited, but he has done really well so far. He has a very good teacher and several of his good friends from last year are in his class. Not looking foward to the homework this year, but I'm sure we can make it through it.

Kensley on the other hand was so excited about going back to school, but I on the other hand was a little nervous about it. I mean she requires so much attention and not knowing if she is getting everything she needs, well it worries me. We got to the school and she sat right down and started working on the sheet her teacher had for her. She was ready for us to leave, but of course I talked with her teacher about her needs and we headed off. I couldn't wait to talk to her when she got off the bus, oh yeah I am letting her ride the bus home and she loves it. She said she had a good day. Thursday morning we had to go get her stitches taken out from her surgery, which by the way went great, she didn't even cry. Anyway I had a chance to talk to her teacher when I got there and she said that Kensley was doing great, she is getting a little tired, but she understood with her situation. I was so excited to hear how good she was doing. We had considered asking for her an aide, but decided to wait to see what her teacher said about it after a few days of school, Mrs. Weaver thinks they are doing good enough without one right now so we are going to hold off on that for now.

The Kiddos getting ready to leave.

Showing off their backpacks.


Konnor with all his notebooksk, can't you tell he is so excited!

Kensley at her desk coloring and I might add she was so excited to have her own desk.


So we have our first full week of school down and many more to go. We had some friends over last night for some grilled chicken and steak. The guys worked on music stuff and us girls just watched kids and talked. We had a good time. Today has just been a lazy day catching up on some much needed rest. The rest of the weekend will be filled with going to church. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: