Friday, July 30, 2010

Successful Surgery!

Well our day started with getting up at 5 am and getting everyone ready to head to the Surgery Center. We arrived there at 6:30 am and the staff was super nice to us. Kens was such a trooper, she wasn't a bit scared. She was just being the normal Kensley, trying to make everyone laugh. They came in and prepped her leg and then talked to us about her getting anesthesia and she could have cared less about talking to them about that, she kept trying to change the subject. They came in and took her, she never even looked back, she was so brave, I had prayed that she wouldn't be scared and I'm so thankful she wasn't. We went to the waiting room and a little bit later the doctor came out to talk to us and said that she did great, that he had gotten all the glass out along with removing some scar tissue. A little more waiting and they came and got us to go back and get her. We put her in the car and headed to Chick-Fil-A since she hadn't got to eat since last night. Well on the way there she got sick a little bit from the anesthesia, but after that she was fine. We are home now and she doesn't even act like she has had anything done.



Here she is with her new teddy bear that they gave her, which she named "Little Bear".

Here she is with her gown on and ready to head to surgery.
Well as I sit here trying to finish up this post that I started earlier today, Kensley is complaining with her belly hurting and has been for a couple of hours. I go to get a garbage can just in case, and well by the time I get back she has thrown up all over the couch (which by the way is only a couple of months old). I holler for Dustin to come and help me, well what was I thinking, he walks up with some towels and has to turn around and go to the bathroom himself. He just can't handle the smell too well. I'm hoping I got it all out of the couch and I have sprayed the room with Febreeze. I think it was still just a side affect from the anesthesia, I hope so anyway.
We thank everyone for their prayers today and throughout this whole process. We couldn't have went through all of this without everyone. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay cool!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Tell Kens I think she named that bear after Fatty Bear she will know who I am talking about!

Lighthouse Photography said...

Glad it went well. Praying for a speedy recovery!