Sunday, May 1, 2011

After the storm....

...I hope everyone is safe at home with their families. We are all safe and no damage other than no power. We are so lucky compared to other families out there that have lost loved ones and homes. We know some that have been affected by the storm and it is so heartbreaking. There is a dear sister from our church that lost everything she had, but luckily she is still alive. She is such a sweet person and has a heart as big as Texas. She is a jewel and we want to do what we can to help her and all the others.

Me and Marty have kept the roads hot going to get gas and generators. We have been to Pulaski, Hartselle and Grant. We went to Grant yesterday because they have power and I needed to wash Dustin's uniforms for work. He is having to work 6 to 6 everyday and he told me last night that they are considering put them on 16 hour days. Bless his heart he has worked so hard during all of this and I know he is so tired, but the Utility workers will do whatever they need to get everyone back up and running. He worked with one of the Florida guys yesterday that came up to help.

We are just hanging out at Suzie's house most of the time. They have their house hooked up to the generator so we are able to take warm showers.

I hope everyone is safe and ok and if anyone needs anything please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to help. We love you all and are praying for those affected!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Hey we have power back on Skyline Mtn, including Hytop, so if anyone needs to come up here and take a shower or just let the kiddos watch some cartoons (hey, mine drove me crazy for about 4 days!) you are welcome to come to our house! Just look us up in the directory at Hytop, Lee and Amber

Practice Makes Philpotts said...

Brandi and I did the same for our family's we drove all over for gas and food. I felt like I was in that movie The book of Eli. Sister Sue's house was destroyed! You can see pictures of it on my blog.

Practice Makes Philpotts said...

She is number 1! Love her so much! Subway and Arby's in Arab is up. I know for the most part food gift cards are always a good thing for someone in that situation. My address is 847 mt Oak Dr NW. Ill be happy to pass anything on to her that anyone wants to send. I know most of Huntsville being without power hampers...

Also I could use prayers - I feel like I got something in my chest (maybe from the night of the storms) I'd greatly appreciate any prayers you and the other COG could put up for me. It hurts to breath! Love y'all!

Jenn said...

Poor Dustin I know he is so wore out and there's so much more than needs to be done! I'm so glad ya'll are all okay, and think it's so wonderful that ya'll were able to get all that stuff to the storm victims out there!