Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone had a blessed and Happy Mother's Day! I'm so thankful for my kids and that the Lord has allowed me to be their mother. We had a good mother's day. It actually started for me on Friday. I got an email from the front desk at work that I had some flowers. I got this beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband for Mother's Day. He was scheduled to work all weekend, so he sent me an early Mother's Day. I didn't expect him to get me anything especially with everything that was going on. Others don't even have homes or even a mother to come home to. I'm so thankful the Lord spared us once again. Anyway the flowers were a nice surprise.




Saturday Kensley brought me a card she had made that morning, she's always writing me notes and things, but this was sweet that she thought to make me one for Mother's day. Sunday morning Konnor got up early (before the rest of us) which is very unusual, but he was getting him something to eat, so I decided I would get up and get a shower and head to the kitchen to make breakfast. When I got to the kitchen there was this card sitting on the table that Konnor had made. I was really shocked because that's just not Konnor. But it was the sweetest card ever. I had bought me some flowers the day before to plant and he wrote "I hope you do good on your flowers." He really put thought in to it and the whole day he would do whatever I asked him to without any lip.

We went to church that morning at Huntsville and then to Marty's to grill out and spend time with Suzie. We all had a good time and now it was time to head to the mountain to see my mom. We stayed over at Melia's for a while playing the WII and then we all decided it was time to eat again. So we took off to Cracker Barrell in Guntersville. Had a nice supper and headed home for the night.

It was a good Mother's Day and I pray that these that have lost their mother or children during the storms that they were comforted on this day and here after. I've read and heard so many touching stories and what great testimonies they have.

No comments: