Monday, February 22, 2010

Back Full Time

Last Thursday was my first day back to work full time. I'm thankful it has worked out to where I can come back to work, I enjoy working, but on the other hand I miss getting to spend that quality time with Kensley. It has worked out to where my mom is getting to keep her now and Kens thinks that is just wonderful. She says Mawmaw lets her do what ever she wants to do and for the most part that is true. I was really dreading coming back full time, but so far it has not been that bad because I have been so busy.

I got the prescription today from the doctor for her to go back to school 2-3 half days per week. She has talked about this non-stop and we went this weekend to try and find some shoes that would fit over her brace and we were able to get her some Nikes and I have never seen a kid so excited over getting to wear some shoes, but she is just overwhelmed that we finally found some to fit the left foot. I still have not been able to find any dress shoes to fit with it, but we are just dealing with that right and hoping she is not going to have to wear this thing much longer. She has come so far, she can now walk really well with you just holding her hand.

Konnor is doing good. We had a singing Friday night at Limrock and on the last song Dustin let him play the drums and he did really good too. He was so excited to get to do that. He loves anything to do with music, I do believe he will follow in his daddy's footsteps.

Other than that we don't have much going on right now. I hope to see everyone March 5th at the Praying for Kensley singing at Discovery School.


3 comments:

Lighthouse Photography said...

School is always fun and so are Grandmas :-) Hey I wanted to let you know about the Hatchback shoes that are designed for AFO's They also have dress shoes for girls!
Here is the link http://www.hatchbacksfootwear.com/index.htm

Melissa Kelly said...

Thanks, I will look at those!

Marty said...

The singing is at New Century Technology High School....not Discovery! lol.