Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Couponing and Labor Day!

....well I did my first couponing this weekend. I was so overwhelmed with trying to figure out what was on sale, what I had a coupon for and where could I get a coupon. I think I was on the phone with Melia Saturday almost 30 minutes. I started trying to make a list but it just wasn't working for me. So I loaded Kensley up and we took off to Publix. Yes my first couponing experience was with a kid in tow, she actually did really good. I got lots of BOGO items and used a few coupons. So all in all for my first experience I think I did really well. I spent $106 and saved $78. Dustin thinks they just tell you that to make you feel good. He's just jealous, maybe I should let him try the grocery shopping one day.... :)

I got home Saturday from the grocery store and several were in and out of the house all day, but we don't mind, we love company. Saturday night we went to church and then had a few over afterwards to watch the Alabama game. Although it was really tough to stay awake, I'm sure I did doze a few times, but glad they won! Roll Tide! Sunday morning I was exhausted and we stayed home that morning and then church that night. After church we went to Red Lobster with Scott and Josie and altogether we had 6 kids with us to. They did good though...dinner was good, but the price wasn't so good. But what do you expect it was Red Lobster. And can someone tell Scott that the resturants don't care whether or not your party is made up of kids or adults, they are still going to charge you the gratuity. Yeah he wasn't so happy about it, but paid it anyway. Guess where we won't be going with Scott for awhile, yep you got it Red Lobster.

Monday we got up pretty early and Dustin had some things to do the new trailor that New Harmony got and then we headed up to the mountain (Gunters) to the church where they were grilling out and the kids played. We stayed for a couple of hours and then headed down to Scott and Josie's to visit for a while and then back home. Hilary and Daniel Mahan came over and Daniel and Dustin recorded a song that Daniel had written. They did a really good job. We enjoy them coming over, Hilary is a blast and Daniel coming over gives Dustin someone to enjoy playing music with.

Today was back to the grind at work and it was a rough one. We are getting new billing software, so we have started this week getting conversion ready for us to start training on it, which means my other work gets neglected. I tried working on it some later this afternoon, but didn't get near the things done that I needed to, but it will be there tomorrow, trust me no one is going to go in and do it for me. :( Well I hope everyone has a good week and we will talk to y'all soon!

No comments: